Spaghetti and meatballs with Camembert in arrabiata sauce recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Beef pasta
A creamy and spicy delight for cheese lovers everywhere.
4 people made this
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 pinch chilli flakes, or to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g passata
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 400g beef mince
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Camembert wheels
- 300g spaghetti
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:1hr
- Add oil to a pan and fry the onion for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the fresh and dried chilli, cook for 1 minute, then add half of the garlic. Pour in the passata and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and cover; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the beef mince, remaining garlic, oregano, basil and tomato puree and shape into about 12 balls. Fry the balls in a little oil for 10 minutes until browned all over.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil; boil the spaghetti for 10 minutes, or as directed on the packet.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and continue cooking till cooked through.
- Slice the Camembert horizontally and place on a baking tray skin side down under a pre-heated grill for 5 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to bowls, then pour over the meatballs and sauce finally place the Camembert on top, skin side up.
Make the balls earlier and put in the fridge for at least an hour to help keep their shape while frying.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
The Camembert indeed goes well with this. I like especially the effect of chilies heat on cheese flavor.-07 Mar 2018
This is delicious without the cheese also but for pure indulgence go for an extra mature camembert. The spice complements the cheese for a very tasty dish-30 Dec 2016